Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sewing for Boys

I got a copy of Sewing for Boys in mail last week and it her hasn't left my side board yet. I love to look at the pictures. This book has been burning up the sewing blogs and I was curious. As a Pattern Drafter (capitols because this was once my profession :) I usually make my own patterns - but why invent the wheel right? (Plus it was on sale). I'm anxious to make lots of the projects but the first one 'out of the gate' was the "gone fishing" hat. Here it is, made out of a pair of jeans that conveniently just ripped out the bum.

I couldn't convince Diego to wear it for too long but there isn't much sun yet. I think it is cute! The pattern was easy to follow and you can see that the authors have gone out of their way to make all the projects stylish but as simple as possible. I love the seams on the outside! I haven't washed it yet - I am imagining that the jean will fray some. Next up - a reversible spring jacket for Lucia.











This post is linked to:

1 comment:

  1. I've always admired this hat on the cover of that book (I'm still procrastinating whether to buy it or not). Yours looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete