Thursday, April 12, 2012

Summer Skirt

I made a summer skirt yesterday. What I would really have liked was one of these:
see "Maybe Matilda's" tutorial here



but I am still nursing so that means skirts. I need easy access to "the business". I wanted something with pockets - and I made the pockets a little bit taller than the skirt so they would stick out a bit. I wanted some fun extra details and so the button. And I didn't want to have to worry about closers - so elastic at the back. I have to admit - this one looks better on the Judy than it does on me. I'm not sure exactly what I don't like about it. I think it might be a little bit too long. Any thoughts?


I made it fuller at the back more out of necessity - when I got the back cut there wasn't enough fabric to have it as full at the back. I have this pattern on some 8x10 paper which would easy scan if anyone wants it (comment here and I'll add it).

It was quick and I'm wearing it today. Maybe it will 'grow' on me. I am also loving my new pinking shears which eliminates the need to pull out the serger. I find I also like the way the seams sit better when they are pinked. This project was posted on:

No comments:

Post a Comment